Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
Your personal data may be shared with other companies within the Walstead Group. We have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give to us via email or other direct contact from you i.e. web form submission or from third party mailing lists where you have given explicit consent to receive marketing information in respect to legitimate interest. This may include information such as: IP address, first name and surname, email address, job title, telephone number, company name, company website, company address and industry. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfil your request if any.Lawful basis for processing data and communicating with you We will only process personal data and communicate with you if:
- You have given us consent to the processing of your personal data and communicating for one or more specific purposes i.e. requesting products or services from us, downloading material or information from our website or submitting a contact us form.
- Performance of a contract
- Where we have a legitimate interest for contacting you in relation to our products and services
Reviewing, Correcting and Removing Your Personal Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our website: firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01206 987 270. If you no longer wish to receive marketing emails from us, you can unsubscribe directly from within the emails itself.
When we no longer need your personal data, we will securely delete or destroy it. We will also consider if and how we can minimise over time the personal data that we use, and if we can anonymise your personal data so that it can no longer be associated with you or identify you, in which case we may use that information without further notice to you.
If the above doesn’t apply, we keep your personal information contained until you request for it to be deleted.
Rights and choices of individuals
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- See what security measures we have in place to protect your data.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data and you can make a complaint either to the ICO or us.
Also you have the following rights
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a lock icon in the address bar and looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the Web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information.
What are cookies? Cookies are small files saved to the user’s computers hard drive that track, save and store information about the user’s interactions and usage of the website. This allows the website, through its server to provide the users with a tailored experience within this website.
Users are advised that if they wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website on to their computers hard drive they should take necessary steps within their web browsers security settings to block all cookies from this website and its external serving vendors or use the cookie control system if available upon their first visit.
The Cookies We Set
- Email newsletters related cookies
This site offers newsletter or email subscription services and cookies may be used to remember if you are already registered and whether to show certain notifications which might only be valid to subscribed/unsubscribed users.
- Forms related cookies
When you submit data through a form such as those found on contact pages or comment forms cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence.
- Site preferences cookies
In order to provide you with a great experience on this site we provide the functionality to set your preferences for how this site runs when you use it. In order to remember your preferences we need to set cookies so that this information can be called whenever you interact with a page is affected by your preferences.
Third Party Cookies
- This site uses Google Analytics, which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solution on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content.
For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
We hold this information for a period of 50 months and reset this every time a user re-enters the website.
- Third party analytics (such as HubSpot) are used to track and measure usage of this site so that we can continue to produce engaging content. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site or pages you visit which helps us to understand how we can improve the site for you. If you decline the cookies once you’ve entered the site, this will not be tracked.
- From time to time we test new features and make subtle changes to the way that the site is delivered. When we are still testing new features these cookies may be used to ensure that you receive a consistent experience whilst on the site whilst ensuring we understand which optimisations our users appreciate the most.
- We also use social media buttons and/or plugins on this site that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways. For these to work the following social media sites including; Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube networks, will set cookies through our site which may be used to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.
External Website Links & Third Parties
Although we only look to include quality, safe and relevant external links, such as reference to our client’s websites, users are advised to adopt a policy of caution before clicking any external web links mentioned throughout this website. (External links are clickable text / banner / image links to other websites.
Shortened URL’s; URL shortening is a technique used on the web to shorten URL’s (Uniform Resource Locators) to something substantially shorter. This technique is especially used in social media and looks similar to this (example: https://bit.ly/1MIOXCG). Users should take caution before clicking on shortened URL links and verify their authenticity before proceeding.
We cannot guarantee or verify the contents of any externally linked website despite our best efforts. Users should therefore note they click on external links at their own risk and we cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any external links mentioned.
Customer Testimonials and Comments
We post customer testimonials and comments on our websites, which may contain personal information. We obtain each customer’s consent prior posting the customer’s name and testimonial.
Contact & Communication With us
Your personal information is kept private and stored securely until you inform us or request us to delete it via the contact details provided above.
Where we have clearly stated and made you aware of the fact, and where you have given your express permission, we may use your details to send you products/services information via our email system.
Social Media Policy & Usage
We adopt a Social Media Policy to ensure our business and our staff conduct themselves accordingly online. While we may have official profiles on social media platforms users are advised to verify authenticity of such profiles before engaging with, or sharing information with such profiles. We will never ask for user passwords or personal details on social media platforms. Users are advised to conduct themselves appropriately when engaging with us on social media.
There may be instances where our website features social sharing buttons, which help share web content directly from web pages to the respective social media platforms. You use social sharing buttons at your own discretion and accept that doing so may publish content to your social media profile feed or page.